13 May 2007

Weetbix are Evil!!

I am writing this post to inform the world of the discovery I have just made: Weetbix are part of an evil goblin conspiracy!!!!!. On Sundays I'm supposed to have Weetbix instead of porridge (I hate porridge). Now two weetbix is considered a standard serve...but do you think I was happy with that? Oh no! No I had to go back after I had my two weetbix with plenty of bran to fill me up, and have another 3!.

Arrgh! I think that this means I've finally broken abstinence. That really sucks. I know how my old thinking would go. I would think to myself You've screwed up now. You should just eat for all it's worth today. After all now you've got to go for two weeks before you can get your abstinence back to where it was. You're a failure. You can't beat this thing.

BUT I'M NOT GOING TO THINK LIKE THAT!!!!!
Here's five reasons why:
1. It was just 3 weetbix. That's NOT a big deal. I can still be below my daily calorie intake by following your foodplan. It could have been much worse. In fact, it has been much worse. I've eaten a lot more of them in the past, and Weetbix are even supposed to be healthy ceral (although I wonder if this is merely misinformaiton from the Goblin Propaganda Bureau)
2. I have just made progress. I didn't stay in that old line of thinking. Instead, I went and read some of the AA Big Book and I came down here and starting reading emails and doing my blog. Yeah for me.
3. I can't beat this thing ALONE. I have got to start realising that. But that doesn't mean I am doomed. I've got the Fairy King on my side and He has helped thousands of people to overcome this
4. Now that I am aware of the true evil enchantment surround this breakfast cereal I can avoid it in future.
5. I know some special spells to help restore me to sanity. I know that I need to tell myself Progress not perfection (and this is pretty good progress when you think about it) and one minute at a time
6. I can petition the Fairy King and throw myself on His mercy. This has reminded me that I need to do that if I am ever going to make it. I will throw myself on his mercy now and ask for his serenity and courage. If you are reading this please join me

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference
Amen

1 comment:

Lauren said...

you are so awesome. I am so proud of you. And I'm sorry if that sounds condescending like I shouldn't be proud of you, but whatevs. Keep it up, you can do it. Great attitude.