21 May 2007

Gotta keep it real!

Ok I'm not even sure what that means. It's something Americans say on television when they are trying to be cool. I'll have to find out. I'm writing this as I've just spent half an hour choosing pictures for this blog instead of doing an overdue assignment. Is that wierd or what? Now I'm upset and freaked out. They say you should use the OA program to replace your need for food, but I'm not sure if this is exaclty what they meant. It's true I do usually eat to avoid scary and distressing realities, or just to procrastinate, and this is a healthier way to do that. The problem is that none of those activities were healthy to start with. I guess that's why they say getting to the root of the disease is sometimes more important than physical recovery. This sort of behaviour costs me just as dearly as overeating does in many ways. Ok new rule: have to stay on task for at least one hour at a time. NO EXCEPTIONS!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hi and thanks so much for stopping by my blog, that means alot. :) It's a tough journey that we have ahead of us - but I am pretty sure that we can do it. Would love to keep an eye your blog.

Serket said...

Okay, I think the phrase means to be yourself and not try to be fake or copy someone else.

Anonymous said...

Hi Love,

First thank u for checking in with me. It means soooo much to me.

Second, thisfood battle. When others share I feel safe, I began to experience relief from self. Never stop writing. Even if you are hurting, you can help others.

As u know I am busy but will check in w you as best I can for this month. Soon it will calm, for now just know how I apprecite you ESH.