17 January 2008

No Hannah no!!!

Ok well today is the 17th of January, which is eight days since my last post. Thats' an improvement. I don't think anyone at all is reading me any more. Maybe I should advertise this blog a bit more.

I went on a binge yesterday, but today has been pretty much abstinenbt, except for eating my midnight snack an hour early. To be honest, I haven't really put together 2 days B2B abstinence since the big binge of Tuesday night last week. At that time I fell for the lie that I could stop bingeing any time. It's simply not true. The life of the addict is one governed by inertia. When I was learning science in primary school, there was a very snmple definition of inertia:

"Things [read addicts] like to do what they are already doing"
Addicts like to do what they are already doing. That means, if they are bingeing, that's what they want to do and it's very very hard to stop. When you've been abstinent for a period, it get's easier to remain so. If anyone is reading this blog and thinking about bingeing.
DONT DO IT!!!
Employ these guys if you have to!

Although make sure they know what they're doing...or you'll end up with something like what happened to these Aussie Mike Moores (The Chaser Team)

The great news is that for those of us who are COE's, we do have a cheer squad. All our brothers and sisters in recovery are cheering us on. Thank God for them.

3 comments:

Walter and Laura said...

Thanks for checking back in. I am glad you are back to blogging. I will have to take time to catch up on your posts. I had been away for a little while too. Take care!

Darlene said...

Hannah,so glad you are blogging again,keep going girl. Hugs,Darlene

Katy said...

Great videos - so funny! I like the analogy and totally agree with you about the cheering squad... Count me in! ;O)